So, for this week’s Quest, P and I decided to go on a sugarless diet. We’re viewing it as a kind of nutritional experiment.
We tried to start Sunday. It turns out sticking to a sugarless diet is much harder than you would expect. EVERYTHING has sugar in it. We were going to quit eating fruit and sweets, but this was too difficult cold turkey. So we are now allowed some fruit.
Monday morning one of our good friends, M, had a brunch with waffles, chocolate, strawberries, and whipped cream. Needless to say, our self discipline did not stretch that far.
So our quest is starting in earnest today.
Because our quest this week revolves around food, I decided to make you a compilation of my favorite snacks:
- Dried Tart Cherries. I have to stop eating these for this week.
- Ghiredelli Chocolate. And this. I consider myself somewhat of a chocolate connoisseur, and these chips are the best.
- Bean and Cheese Burritos. I like the ones from Rosas. I can’t even begin to describe the cheesy, flour-tortillaed deliciousness. I eat these three times a week and never tire of them.
- Blueberries, Oatmeal and Milk. It’s like ice cream, but healthier!
- Carrots. I appreciate that you’re probably thinking “What?”, but I have recently become addicted to giant carrots. They are really flavorful, much more so than the baby carrots.
- Melted String Cheese. I like to heat mine for thirty seconds in the microwave before eating.
- Melted String Cheese, Egg, Spinach, and Tomatoes
- Green Tea, Blueberry Tea, Ginger Tea, and Irish Breakfast Tea. The perfect beginning, middle, and end to any day.
If you have any suggestions about sugarless snacks to help us through this week, feel free to share!