Things I have learned from my mother:
- Stop talking and just do it.
- It is better to be average-looking than stunningly beautiful. People are more likely to judge you for your personality.
- Be flexible. Most people aren’t.
- Distance does not matter if you are truly in love.
- If you don’t like something about yourself, don’t just sit around and complain. Change it.
- Dream big.
- If you have a choice between being smart and being lucky, choose lucky every time.
- Don’t date someone who doesn’t tip well.
- A good work ethic is one of the most crucial attributes in a person.
- Sit up straight.
- Marry someone who you can imagine going on road trips and having children with.
- The wishes you wish for your babies when you are pregnant come true.
- If someone has a problem with you, it’s their problem.
- Don’t read books or watch movies if their sole purpose is to make you sad.
- Always do the extra credit, whether you need it or not.
- Showing up is 90%.
What a great day! I love celebrating my mom. She is such an amazing person and I so blessed to have her!
My Mom Has Taught Me:
- How to read.
- How to write.
- The 206 bones in the human body.
- How to put make-up on.
- How to be a problem-solver.
- To say please and thank you.
- To be patient.
- How to have dignity and respect for myself.
- Love is everything.
- Don’t hold grudges.
- Don’t chase after money.
- Study hard.
- Take care of your body.
- Marry a good guy.
- Keep your promises.
- Never lie.
- Be generous.
- You can do anything you set your mind to.
- When it comes to clothes: Less is not more, more is more. Be classy.
- Hard work is everything. Hard work always beats talent.
- Be confident in yourself.
- Have common sense.
- Always do the right thing, even if it is the hardest thing in the world.
My mom is the most amazing person in the world. I have no idea what I would do without her. She is the most beautiful woman that I know. She is smart, she is kind, and she is sweet. When I try to express how much I love my mom it just makes my brain hurt. For mother’s day I made her this awesome video, which I was going to share with you guys but I can’t get it to freaking upload to Tumblr. So maybe once I figure that out I’ll post it on here.
Happy Mother’s Day!