My Quote for the Week:
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed.”
Things I’m Grateful for the Week
- I’m grateful for my beautiful dorm
- I’m grateful for my hilarious, yet courteous and kind, roommate, M. I feel like I’ve known her for ages already.
- I’m grateful for my very dear friend S because of the unique perspective she always brings to my life, and how she’s consistently there for me. Also, she always beautifies pictures before she puts them on Facebook, which I appreciate.
- I’m grateful for my new friend V for rescuing us from the crazy monsoon-like rainstorm that stranded us yesterday.
- I’m grateful to be in one of the most amazing cities in the world.
And loads more! It was difficult picking only five things, this week has been so incredible!
What I Want To Do to Make this Week Sunnier
- Download Skype so I can talk to my friends and family
- Write my dad because I haven’t told him how awesome he is in awhile
- Read Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Do yoga in the morning
- Sit up straighter! All this studying is making me slouch.
My Quote for the Week
“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can’t readily accept the god formula, the big answers don’t remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” -Charles Bukowski
Things I’m Grateful for This Week
- Finally being home!! This is the first time I’ve been home for more than 2 days all summer.
- My parents celebrating their 24th anniversary! They’re so awesome.
- Being able to see all my friends from high school. Hanging out with them after such a long time has been so fun!
- Making s’mores with my best friends C and S
- My little brothers teaching me how to play tennis
- My new Essie ballet slippers nail polish. It’s so cute that sometimes I find myself admiring my own nails….
What I Want to Do to Make This Week Sunnier
- Meditate for 10 minutes everyday.
- Limit my internet time.
- Hang out with my brothers more before I leave for college.
- Look at my own cupcake. (Thank you E for this metaphor.)
- Take as many pictures as humanely possible.
Loads and loads of Love!