I have temporarily surfaced from the library in order to bring you these tips.
1. Exploit all of your resources. Such as:
- The Internet- MIT Open Courseware, Khan Academy, Sparknotes, and even fun tumblers like http://crammingbiology.tumblr.com are invaluable
- Your friends
- Your teachers
- Your TAs
- Your grandma
- Anyone! Don’t be afraid to ask for help. People love showing you how smart they are.
2. Draw loads of pictures. Notes scribbled during class are usually not very interesting to read. For more effective memory adhesion, turn them into pictures. Make charts, diagrams, and flow charts. Use lots of colors. Drawing pictures with information in them uses both hemispheres of your brain, so it is easier to concentrate and you will remember the information better.
3. Remember to eat, sleep, and exercise. Without these essentials, your study effectiveness decreases quickly. Eat healthy snacks, drink plenty of water, and get up and do jumping jacks every hour or so.
Back to studying now. I can’t wait to see you!