I’ve been reading “The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam” translated by Edward Fitzgerald and I have some quotes from it to share with you:
“Why, if the Soul can fling the Dust aside,
And naked on the Air of Heaven ride,
Were’t not a Shame- were’t not a Shame for him
In this clay carcass to reside.”
“A Hair perhaps divides the False and True.”
“Strange, is it not? that of the myriads who
Before us passed the door of Darkness through,
Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
Which to discover we must travel too.”
Things I’m Grateful for This Week
- My beautiful dorm!
- My interesting, passionate roommate. I have never met someone with so much conviction in her beliefs who also lacks judgement for people that do not share them. It is inspiring and we have deep conversations at least three times a day. I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of growing because of her. She’s the one to the far left:
- The salad and soup bar at our cafeteria.
- The range of information and growing opportunities listed on the Self Improvement section of Stumbleupon
- All the little bits and pieces of Austin that make it the most beautiful and magical place on Earth
What I Want to Do to Make This Week Sunnier
- Find football tickets. I have to go to at least one college football game this season.
- Find all of my classes beforehand.
- Continue to take this opportunity of constantly meeting people to improve my social skills-
- But at the same time take time for myself to regenerate.
- Read “To the Lighthouse” by Virginia Wolf. I got it from the library yesterday and I am excited. I have a feeling you may be getting some Virginia Wold quotes next week.
Have a great week! P will post MMS sometime in the next few days 🙂